I’ve developed a completely new one-day seminar on enhancing creativity. It will be offered for the first time in St. Louis on May 1, through Olin Business School’s Executive Education programs, at the Knight Center on the Washington University campus. I’m really excited about this seminar, because all of the advice is based in solid scientific research, and designed for practical application.
You can learn more and register at this link. Here are some details:
Innovation is the driver for thriving companies today. There is a strong correlation between creativity, productivity and results. This seminar will provide you with a set of practical skills and techniques to enhance your creativity and engage in hands-on activities for each of the steps. You will learn how to identify common blocks to creativity and specific techniques to overcome each of the blocks.
Professor Sawyer is one of the world’s leading experts on creativity and innovation. He has published ten books and over 80 scientific articles on the topic. This seminar is based on a new book he is currently writing, The Compass: The Science of Achieving Breakthrough Creativity.
- The key competencies of exceptional creators
- How to apply creativity effectively to the everyday needs of your job
- The eight steps behind every successful new idea
- What psychologists have discovered about creative minds
- Planning for application
When you have completed this session, you will understand:
- How to have more ideas and better ideas
- How to identify common blocks to creativity
- A set of practical skills and techniques that lead to creative results
- How to apply scientifically-grounded techniques to everyday creative problems
- How to identify new opportunities and how to formulate problems in new ways